Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hinchliffes from Huddersfield (Read 12457 times)
fanidaaud
Ex Member

Hinchliffes from Huddersfield
Feb 11th, 2008 at 10:42am
Print Post  
Recently I have been researching my mother's family in England. She was an only child and met my father whilst he was serving with the RAAF in England during the 2nd World War. Her grandparents were John William Hinchliffe a woollen warehouseman and Fanny Flora nee Fienberg. their three children were Ida(my grandmother), Aubrey Joshua and Reginald. John William's parents were Joshua Hinchliffe and Elizabeth nee Taylor and lived at Newsome. John's brother Taylor Hinchliffe was a witness at John and Fanny's wedding in 1892. John and Fanny lived at 53 Bentley Street, Lockwood as at the 1901 census. Later at 38 Carlton Street, Moss Side. I have a 1922 phone book reference for Taylor Hinchliffe as a haulage contractor. Does anyone out there have any information on this branch of the Hinchliffe's. I live in Victoria, Australia and my Mum Audrey died in 1952, so I have found most of the information from the census records. John's siblings including Taylor were, Fred, Henry, Sarah Jane, Ann, Maria, Joe(Joseph), Mary Elizabeth, and Clara. I'll look forward to receiving some response and can feel Yorkshire beckoning me. I do know from Joshua and Elizabeth's marriage certificate (16/01/1848) that Joshua's father was Joseph Hinchliffe, clothier and Elizabeth's father was Nathan Taylor, shoemaker.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top